1012 Lowell St
Madison, WI, 53715
Madison Media Institute 2006 - PresentProgram Chair - Recording and Live Sound As program chair, I oversee the operation of the Recording and Live Sound program at the Madison Media Institute. My responsibilities include, instructor hiring, evaluation, development and scheduling, compliance with accreditation standards, curriculum development and maintenance, student retention and academic oversight, equipment purchases and upgrades and running the program advisory committee.
Madison Media Institute 2003 - PresentInstructor As an instructor, I work with groups of students with diverse skills and motivations. I enjoy this challenge and strive to deliver as much value as possible to each individual in my class. I have taught courses in Audio Engineering, Digital audio workstations, Audio Mixing Techniques, Live Sound, Electronics
Mr. Colson 1992 - PresentFreelance Producer, Mixer, Engineer As a producer, mixer or engineer, I apply my technical, aesthetic and collaborative skills to each project with the ultimate goal of delivering an end product that meets or exceeds my client's expectations.
I have done work for the John Oliver Show, the HBO Reverb Show, the Smashing Pumpkins, Remy Zero, Paw, Skunk Anansie, The Watchmen, Cheap Trick, L7 and numerous other artists. I have also had the good fortune to work with and learn from some great producers like Butch Vig, Garth Richardson, Jack Joseph Puig, Steve Thompson, Mark Haines and Brian Paulson. Most of my work is documented on the projects page of my website. Partial external discographies are also available at allmusic.com and at discogs.com.
Smart Studios 1987 - 1992Staff Engineer My time at Smart began as an apprenticeship and training ground, assisting on punk rock records and engineering demos for local bands, and over time evolved into a career that took me all over the world. It was not a traditional job - I was given tremendous latitude and had no formal job description. The only expectation was to make it sound great and leave my clients delighted, an ethos I have tried to apply throughout my career
Bachelor of Science, English Literature 1982 - 1986University of Wisconsin, Madison
- 6.00.1x: Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python MITx: Massachusetts Institute of Technology through edX
- R Programming Johns Hopkins University on Coursera
- The Data Scientist's Toolbox Johns Hopkins University on Coursera
- Statistical Inference Johns Hopkins University on Coursera
- Getting and Cleaning Data Johns Hopkins University on Coursera
- Exploratory Data Analysis Johns Hopkins University on Coursera
- Lightroom CC Essential Training Lynda.com
- Photoshop CC Essential Training Lynda.com
- Pro Tools Expert, Music, v6.9 Avid Technology
- Pro Tools Expert, Music, v10 Avid Technology